Green Lifestyle & Benefits
The Solaire sets the standard for green living, reducing the negative impact on the environment while enhancing the lives of its residences. Here’s how:
Indoor Air Quality
- Fresh filtered air, continuously humidified or de-humidified depending on climate conditions.
- Year-round heating and quiet cooling controlled by digital programmable thermostats.
- Vapor and air barrier minimizes random air infiltration.
- Building materials and paints with low of no off-gassing.
- 24/7 exhaust in every bath and kitchen.
Water Quality and Conservation
- Central water filtration system for entire building.
- Refrigerators contain double filtered drinking water and ice dispensers with secondary filtration.
- Waste water and storm water reuse system provides water for toilet flushing, landscape irrigation and cooling towers
- 50% reduction in potable water use vs. a traditional building of comparable size.
- Energy conserving building design that’s 35% more energy efficient than code requires, resulting in a 67% lower electricity demand during peak hours.
- Substantial utility savings for residents
- Photovoltaic panels incorporated into the building’s façade which convert sunlight to electricity.
- Computerized building management system monitors and controls all systems
- Energy star appliances installed in every apartment to ensure maximum energy efficiency.
- Pesticide-free rooftop garden providing natural insulation for building.
- Natural gas fed central heating and cooling system free of ozone depleting refrigerants.
- Onsite bicycle storage area.
- Environmentally responsible operating and maintenance practices